Pro Bono Appeals Program Expanded
The committee provides pro bono representation in selected appeals to the Third Department. Previously, the program focused on family law appeals, but now the following topics are also covered: education, family stability, health, housing, personal safety, public benefits, and subsistence income.
» If you are interested in learning more about our program, click here for a program brochure
» Please, click here for an application.
Our Uncontested Divorce Program
- Provide assistance to low income individuals with the preparation and filing of necessary documents in uncontested divorce actions
- Clinics are held every other month at the Mechanicville Community Center
- Clients are provided with a one-on-one appointment to receive assistance with the state issued uncontested divorce packet
- Clients are provided with follow up appointments necessary to complete divorce process
"You do a great job, very helpful."
"This is wonderful, thank you so much. It was pain free, and the volunteer was very nice."
"All documents were organized and the volunteer made my experience very pleasant. She was very helpful and professional."
"A very knowledgeable, accommodating, friendly, pleasant, and peaceful environment."
"The volunteer went over the divorce papers step by step. The clinic was very organized. I was in need of this service and I will recommend them highly."
Call The Legal Project at (518) 435-1770 for more information and to request eligibility
Small Business Legal Networkprovides free or low-cost legal resources to established or start-up businesses, in the form of consultations with attorneys and educational programs on small business legal topics.
Our Wills Program
Need a will?
Attend a clinic and complete the necessary documents, with our help!
- Clinics are offered to low income individuals and families to provide one on one assistance with completing your end of life documents
- Legal Project staff, volunteer attorneys, and paralegals offer advice and assistance in completing end of life legal documents including wills, living wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney
- Notaries and witnesses are provided to execute the documents at the end of the client's session
Call The Legal Project at (518) 435-1770 for more information, or to see if you qualify